Thursday, March 12, 2009

Riding to the Tennis

A couple of weeks ago Gibbo had one of the City V Country tennis matches on in town. We had a busy morning and I went to town to do the shopping and pick Drew up. When I got home I made 60 baby patty cakes to take to mass the next morning as the school P&F was on morning tea duty. Gibbo left for town about 2-30 but I wasn't quite ready to go then so I rode in later in the afternoon. It took about 50 minutes. There was quite a lot of traffic going to and from the Bell Show - plenty of horse floats and horse trucks passed me; only one came a bit close. I struck two red lights once I got to town - typical. I'm the queen of red lights, even on a pushbike.

The tennis was it's usual jokey, blokey event - plenty of sledging and good hearted banter. The home-made pizzas were delicious and the desserts were especially nice. The company was great too of course. I had a quick dip in the pool in my riding clothes then had a nice warm shower.

Last week I rode every second day but this week I haven't ridden at all. Cyclone Hamish has been bothering the Queensland coast and we've had some strong winds here. If I go out on my bike I'm sure to get buffeted and blown around - I even joked that I'd probably get blown backwards, trying to get home up the hill or blown off course into a table drain.

No comments: