Monday, September 7, 2015

King and Romeo

Last Saturday (29/08) we drove to Kingaroy to pick up a Maremma dog - and ended up with two! Since the recent fox attacks we talked about getting a dog to protect the chooks up at the compound. Gibbo knew someone who bred them. There were 2 brothers, about 6 months old, available. After deciding which one we'd take, right at the last minute, virtually just before getting in the car and driving away, we decided to take the second one as well to run with the sheep. Their names are King and Romeo. They don't quite know what to do yet but the whole livestock guard dog thing is instinct so we just need to give them time to bond and learn.




Meeting Coco.


Meeting Chloe.


Meeting the sheep.


On Day 1 I gave King a pink water dish but he didn't like it so he wrecked it.


On Day 2 I gave him a green feed dish but he didn't like it so he wrecked it.


On Day 3 I gave him a blue water dish but he didn't like it so he wrecked it.


I had a red one but I quite liked it so I didn't give it to him. Instead, I went to town and bought some old fry pans at the second hand shop. They're still in use.

Everyone happy in the sheep yard. Not bonded but working on it.

No comments: