Sunday, September 13, 2015

HB to Me…..

It was my birthday on Friday. I got some lovely gifts and special phone calls.

Oh, and a new farm; contract signed, not quite sealed and delivered yet; the bank will have a say in that.
A new farm you say?
Yes.
Why?
Because they're not making any more land and it's too good an opportunity to be driving past every day and not do anything about.
Because we don't have enough to do so thought we'd pile a bit more on?
Yes.
Are you guys crazy?
Yes…
but we'll park it for a couple of years, lease it to the neighbour (already an agreement in place) and see what happens.

Here's Coco giving me some intense birthday love (or maybe just trying to convince me to pick her up).


The girls at work organised this little beauty - underneath all that chocolate is a two storey sponge cake, layered and covered in thick cream. Richer than an (AACo in-house graded) marble score 10 wagyu steak!




I decided I wanted to have a weekend away for some time-out so we've come to Montville to spend the night in a lovely B&B. We took our time getting here yesterday, stopping in at a festival in Blackbutt then continuing on to Maleny where I spent hours strolling through the main street shops - 3 excellent bookshops where I spent a lot of time, the local co-op packed with organic/natural produce, numerous homewares/gift/clothing shops and a wide choice of eateries. I enjoyed browsing and bought a couple of books and a woven basket. There was a big food festival on at the show grounds but we didn't call in there. It started to rain lightly so we headed to Montville and found the B&B. It's absolutely delightful and exactly what I was looking for. Photos to come.

No comments: