Saturday, March 29, 2014

Still Walking

This post is the continuation of the Rain post. After checking out the dam levels I went for a walk around the garden to see the effects of the rain.

This is my new chook pen. I've always wanted a little A frame pen. JR picked it up at - you guessed it - The Tender Centre!!




I had three companions on the walk around.


Pink pigs. They've upped the ante on the feed requirement.


Herro! Like my socks?


The tomatoes have loved the rain. They look so pretty.








The mock orange was only a little plant when we moved here - a year ago now!


The Lavender. Lavender and I have never been friends. Previously, each time I've planted one, it has died. There were 3 lavender plants here in the garden when we came. My theory is that if I ignore them, they will grow. So far it's working!  Look how sweet Chloe looks.




The Circle of Bulbs is doing well. One has flowered already - and it wasn't what I was expecting. Next time I'll take a photo and try to work out exactly what they are. I removed the wisteria that was in the middle of the circle - it wasn't growing at all. It's now in the black pot you can see; doing slightly better.


The View.


Another lavender plant, with a honeysuckle in an old tin bucket.




No comments: