Saturday, March 1, 2014

A Totally Unexpected and Overwhelmingly Wonderful Surprise

Tuesday night.
7pm.
Gibbo's phone rings.
Voice on other end asks if we would be interested in two tickets to see Bruce Springsteen.
Tomorrow night.
There were tears.
Of excitement.
Not a lot excites me.
Ever.
Seeing Bruce up close and personal twice in 12 months?
That excites me.
We said yes.
One of us reluctantly said yes but he loves me so he said yes.
So there we were.
Row 5 on the floor. Seats 50 and 51.
Awesome.
Amazing.
Incredible.
Lucky.
3 and 1/2 hours of singing, dancing, clapping, waving.
Tears.
Of joy.
Thank you Julian.
You made my year.




On the big screen.


There was a walkway just in front of Row 1. He brought his guitar and microphone down a couple of times and sang from just there.


Favourite song.

1 comment:

Ainsley said...

The excitement in your post gave me goosebumps! What a great surprise x