Monday, February 24, 2014

Happenings on the Weekend

New boots; a steel cap pair so that the next time Gibbo drops something on my big toe I won't lose the toenail.


Rocks for the permaculture garden borders.


This mandala doesn't seem to be working as well as the one I had at the old house. I need to sit in it for a while and work out what's not working out.


The sheep are still happy.


Orange trumpet vine on a side of the silkie pen.


A Jacaranda; tree number 29. Number 30 will be a poinciana.


This hanging basket is a conical shape. I planted a roma tomato in the middle and lettuce around the edge. The idea is for the tomato to trail over the edges and hang down.


Finally, some fruit on the bigger vines. Not long now.


Meg came home for an overnight visit on her way to a four week stint as District Manager at the Roma office. Everyone was pleased to see her, especially me.


Assembling the Rock Wallaby Birthday Cake for our friend's 51st dinner. Everyone was very impressed.




1 comment:

Fiona said...

Naturally I'm very impressed with the cake ... in fact I'm starving as I type, making it seem even more amazing!