Monday, February 24, 2014

A Golden Oldie Day on the Green

I find myself again at a Golden Oldies match, fighting my way through the crowd of enthusiastic spectators. Not.


The annual Qld v NSW match is being played right now. I'm still in the grandstand. Still with all my friends. The two girls that I came along to see (as well as to watch G play) aren't here. One is in Perth and the other is sick at home. Bummer.

There was mild panic at home yesterday when G got his cricket clothes out. I came home from the office (Sunday, end of month) to the news that something terrible had happened. I thought there must have been another water leak or an animal fatality. No. He discovered his QCC pants had the fork ripped out of them. It happened last time he played but he'd forgotten.


Lucky I know my way around a sewing machine.




My lunch. I bought my own at the grounds cafe then had sandwiches and a muffin from the team lunch.




The two on the right are discussing the opposition players.


The full team; nine of these players were on the England tour 4 years ago.


Inspecting the pitch.


Warming up.




Full flight.




Retiring at 40 (you have to). If you don't get out you are able to go back in once the entire team has batted. G went back in and made another 19.




Now he wants a plaque....


Game isn't over yet. I think he also got a wicket. I may not have been watching at that moment. There's a dinner tonight at The Gabba. I brought a dress with me. There's a strict dress code.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I can't believe it's four years since the England tour. Always enjoy your enthusiastic cricket commentary.