Sunday, February 26, 2012

This Week

We came home from Brisbane on Tuesday night. Work continues to consume me. Chris finished on Friday and we still haven't permanently replaced him. He will be sorely missed. He packed up his car and drove to Brisbane on Friday night; he starts his Master Degree on Monday (Architecture). Meg came home for the weekend and will work in the local office tomorrow. She should find out soon if she has been shortlisted for the Supervisor role that she is currently "acting" in. We've put our two blocks in Howard on the market and have had a nibble. Last night we went to R's birthday celebration and ate home made pizzas cooked in their new pizza oven; they were great. Surprisingly, the seafood one was my favourite.

This morning I spent four hours over at the garden/chooks - rearranging chooks and chickens into more manageable groups, returning mother hens to their home pens, treating for vermin and cleaning out pens. In the garden I pulled the old cherry tomato plants and threw them to the chooks, pulled weeds, picked fruit and veges, spread some of the beautiful worm compost and generally got ready for autumn. I really enjoyed it.






I let these sorghum plants grow in the compost - I'll feed them to the chooks this week.




Old corn plants, curry plant cuttings and some tomato prunings.










Jerusalem artichoke flowers.




These little guys squeeze in and out through the mesh; not for much longer though - they're getting a bit big and it's becoming a bit of a tight squeeze!


I had help - sort of.




Most of this load went into the chook pens.




I think it's ready!


I found these - quite by accident!!

No comments: