Monday, May 25, 2009

A Fortnight Gone

How quickly the days go by. It's nearly a fortnight since my last post and I can hardly remember what we did weekend before last. Drew had his first full day rehearsal on the Sunday and came home that night looking like this!



Mum, Megan and I went to Toowoomba to visit the party shop to see what decorations were on offer. We bought some "Wanted" posters, indian head dresses, cactus and a poseable cowboy. Ahem. We also bought all the frozen nibblies at the bulk store place as well as exorbitantly priced toilet rolls which I found at a much cheaper price back home. As well as milo. So any benefit gained from shopping in bulk was negated by the other two items.
We made some more patty cakes and experimented with icing (again) to try to find the exact finish that Megan is demanding, oops I mean that Megan likes! We spread 2 big bales of hay that didn't even cover one side of the garden.

Megan went back to Brisbane early so that she could go to Spotlight and buy the material for the costume that I am yet to make. This is the costume that she doesn't have the pattern for yet. The same costume that I told her I wasn't making if she didn't have the pattern this weekend. The pattern that is still in Cairns somewhere. The costume that is somehow going to miraculously appear without any stress or bother. Ahem again.

No comments: