Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Art Class II

Today was my second art class/drawing lesson - I'm still the only student.

Once again I sucked although not quite as bad as last week (maybe) - although the finished product has been touched up here and there by the teacher to "polish" it off. I feel like I'm just putting marks on a page rather than really drawing something - and sometimes I have no idea what to do next so I just put a slash of colour and see what comes of it! It's interesting how, when you look at a drawing or painting in a book, you don't REALLY look at it. You might only give it a cursory glance or flick your eyes over it - but when you have to draw what's on the page you can see a myriad of things that weren't there before - patterns, shapes, light, dark, texture, flat - and driving home today I took more notice of the clouds than usual - how the grey dark clouds sat in the white fluffy ones; how they were flat on the bottom and how the sun shining on them gives a silver lining.
Here's todays' effort: and I've rephotographed the three from last week and given them a bit of gentle treatment by making the edges neater and not so messy. Not sure if it helped.



No comments: