Sunday, January 4, 2009

On Blogging


Well it’s now nearly a month since I’ve sat down and written anything, not for the want of trying. I’m keeping the existence of the blog under my hat for now, so it’s been hard to find the right time to get to it. There’s always someone around and my computer is so slow that I can’t quickly minimise the screen if someone comes along. During the day I think of things to write about and plan on writing at night but by the time I finish work and wind up things at home, I’m so tired that I don’t have enough mental or physical energy left to do anything except read a couple of lines in a book or magazine before falling asleep. I want to keep the blog to myself for a while so I can find my “writing voice” again. Sometimes I feel like I’ve lost my words and that the last twenty years have buried that burning urge I once felt so strongly, to write and write and write. So I hope that here, in the anonymity of cyberspace, I’ll find what I once had, rediscover my words and re-kindle the desire to “write stuff”.

No comments: