Sunday, January 4, 2009

Boxing Day and Beyond

Boxing Day arrived and with it, Gibbo’s family. Over the next six days, 35 adults, 2 kids, 4 babies and 10 dogs came and went. We played tennis, volleyball, cards, board games, swam and ate and ate and ate. A very detailed roster ensured a smooth running and everything got done and everyone got fed. His family really know how to be a family and it’s a joy to watch. Sometimes I am a bit overwhelmed and need to take a deep breath and retreat a little, find a quiet corner (not always an easy task) and regroup, but I enjoy them coming to stay and I like to watch the interaction between them all. I’m grateful for my small family and I’m also grateful for my extended family – so I have the best of both worlds! They’ve booked in again for next year already.






No comments: