Sunday, July 13, 2014

Planes and Strays

Last Tuesday Gibbo and I flew to Cowra, he to inspect 115 bulls and me to work on an important presentation on the way down (due by lunchtime for meetings the next day). The plane picked us up just after 6.30am and we arrived at a very foggy Cowra airport a couple of hours later, circling for a few minutes while we waited for the fog to burn off. We had been warned to bring coats and gum boots but, considering it's winter and we were in the south, it wasn't too bad at all. Mind you, we went from a warm plane to a warm car to a warm house, out in the chilly air for the drafting of the bulls, then back into a warm car, warm plane and home. The plane dropped me off and G continued on to Brisbane for 3 days of meetings. I took photos but I left the camera on the plane; it should find it's way back to us over the next few days so I'll post the photos then.

It's been cold here; minus 5 on Friday morning!

On Thursday the receptionist at work arrived to say she had picked up a little stray dog on the highway. She had dropped him at the vet for a cleanup and a bath and a flea treatment. She showed me a picture of him; he was extremely cute and exactly the kind of dog I want to get one day. I told her if she couldn't look after him, that we would. So on Friday, she turned up at work with him...and I brought him home. I locked him up and fed him some cat food, a chicken neck and some chicken hearts. He spent Saturday with us, playing with Poofy and Coco and checking everything out. G put a photo of him on the local Lost Pets page and last night, someone claimed him :( We delivered him to town this morning; a happy ending.




No comments: