Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Week in Review

G was away Mon and Tues; Wed I turned 51 and was showered in pink gifts, especially my favourite scent related products (Mor Marshmallow). We met Meg for dinner at a pub half way between here and Tba. Fri G was away again on a day trip.

Hatching is in full swing and improving; this week's batch included my first OEG...


and number 3, 4 and 5 silkie.




The second shoots on the broccoli finally came.


The first cauliflower did too.


I went for a long walk and checked out the little dam along the way; it's low. This is the calving paddock and the dam is the only water source. Our plan to put a trough on the laneway edge may need to be brought forward.


I don't get to see the sun set (or rise) every day now; not like at the old house. Here, we're positioned quite differently and there's more trees and hills. In the mornings the sky gets light before we actually see the sun. In the evening the sun just disappears. Unless I'm outside and down the paddock a little way I miss this kind of splendour.


The turkey/duck and pig gates are swung and the stays welded on.




Quality inspector.






What I'm reading - the book that JK Rowling wrote under a pseudonym and tried to keep secret. It's ok so far. I want to keep reading it so that's a bonus.


Small harvest.


More baby quiches. We had some for tea. The others will be frozen for morning tea/lunch at work. They're really delicious.




No comments: