Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Spring Fair, Glowsticks, Cricket and Storms

Drew and I went to the Spring Fair on Sunday. We worked at the Eagle Rock Cafe (on our shift we made one cup of tea and one cup of coffee and Drew ate a scone with jam and cream and a plate of sandwiches). Here we are working hard. Then we worked on the Spring into Books 2nd Hand Book Stall (well I did, Drew stayed in the Cafe where it was cool). I didn't sell any books but I talked a lot while the other ladies sold books. I saw a lot of my books get sold and the convener told me to keep on reading so they could have my books again next year. Then we just hung around talking and watching the action.

Drew went with Katrina and they took a box of Glowstick Stall merchandise around all the rides, trying to sell the last of the goods on offer.


Gibbo played in the annual six a side cricket competition. He played three pool games and the semi. His team made the final but it was washed out when a summer storm hit after the first over so the two teams split the winnings and retired to the clubhouse for a few beers.

The afternoon was really hot and the storms hit all around. Drew and I sat outside on the verandah for a while and watched them come across the paddock. It was really beautiful, sitting quietly, watching the rain and it broke the sweltering heat.

After a while the sun came out and shone through the trees and it was magical. Everything was shining and clean and fresh and the raindrops on the trees sparkled in the sunlight.








No comments: