Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Boy is Home

I am breathing easy again...Drew is home from Schoolies, alive and in one piece, full of great memories and funny stories. He has a gravel voice from singing, an enormous bruise on his left arm after somehow making contact with a fire extinguisher and is coughing and sniffing with the beginnings of a summer cold. I got lots of stories but didn't ask for too many details; just being told was enough (and I'm sure I didn't/haven't heard all yet. More will come out over the next few weeks, both from Drew and others!).
The Red Frogs were fantastic; the beach parties were awesome; running into your friends at some horrendous hour was exhilarating; having no parents around was liberating; doing as you pleased was unreal; having your backpack searched by police was not; being in amongst the thousands of other Schoolies, all there for the same reason, was exciting; the D kids had a blast. When they booked out, the lady at reception thanked them for being so well behaved and told them to go home and tell their mothers.

I'm just glad I don't have to suffer through that anxiety ever again (it will just be some different kind of anxiety no doubt).

No comments: